Happy New Year!
It’s time to reveal word #3 of our “Three Words for 2020”!
I woke up earlier than I needed to this morning and felt a bit frazzled and a bit unsettled. We’re not only leaving a year behind, but we’re also going into a new decade!
What will 2020 look like for me?
What do you think it will look like for you?
It’s a lot to think about, but I know two things:
- The last ten years haven’t been the easiest for many people I know and…
- I am a half glass full kinda girl, so I will not dwell on the past forever (that’s not a healthy place to stay, right?).
If we do this together and support each other, I know we can all make 2020 AWESOME!
Let’s do this!
I want you to take out an imaginary envelope. (I’ll wait).
Now let’s gather up all of the really hard stuff and put it inside.
Be sure to include:
- The passing of those you miss (this saddest “thing” is first),
- The hard times you had with certain family members,
- The parenting skills you feel you didn’t pull off so well,
- Those challenging financial woes,
- The health scares,
- The projects you worked so hard on and they didn’t pan out (but you didn’t give up!),
- Those workplace “uglies”…
- and anything else you can think of that was just “so hard” in the last decade.
Now seal up your imaginary envelope and be SURE to use plenty of imaginary “spit” to seal that sucker up! (We don’t want it opening up again!).
When I lost my dad in early 2013. It hurt. I went to a counselor and talked to her about all those unresolved issues and feelings I had and she gave me great advice.
She said, “If you must go there, acknowledge your feelings and your “I wish” thoughts but don’t stay there too long.”
Her great advice really helped and is something I refer back to on occasion and share when I think someone needs a little loving nudge.
We can’t help but think of the hard things and hard times, but we can acknowledge that we wish things had been different and then try to “redirect” our thinking for the moment.
It’s time to send off those envelopes now! Are you ready? Go!
Let those things fly away with the butterflies (or however you’d like to envision this happening). Sometimes it feels good to be given “permission” to let the hard things go!
Our Third Word for 2020 is Reflection.
Reflection is hard sometimes, but it’s an important word.
It helps us learn and it helps us grow!
I am ready to face a new year and a new decade!
Our Three Words for 2020 Recap!
I will try to truly focus on what is important for the result I am looking to achieve. (This could be a task, a true focus on health, family time, etc.)
I will be mindful of reaching out to others because we all need connection.
I will wrap up each week with careful reflection in order to best prepare for the next week! (And then… I will do it again).
Are you with me? I hope so!
2019 has been a great year at KIMBERLYSJOY.COM because of YOU and I can hardly wait to see where 2020 takes us!
I hope your new year is truly blessed.
Happy New Year!